STEM CLUB: Lego Mindstorms
The class will cover:
· At our MINDSTORMS® EV3® Advanced Robotics, students will learn the basic principles of robotics and programming using the popular MINDSTORMS® EV3® System! Students will learn how to design and program a robot and use motors, sensors, and attachments to make their robot perform specific tasks.
· Bricks4Kidz® Coding with Robotics, where children learn Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in a creative team environment.
· The Modules each have Six to eight builds:
o Fun with Science
§ Build scientific measurement instruments including a Digital Caliper and a Rolling Ruler.
o Contraption Concepts
§ Our extensive list of builds is sure to provide the complete fundamental components of robotics at its best
o All About Sports
§ Challenge others to a game of basketball or soccer after building these models and creating the software programs to control them
· Weekly challenges
o Each build has three levels of challenges.
o Our Instructor has more than three years’ experience and are always ready to challenge even the best.
· The students will be challenged at their individual pace and they will be engaged according to development.
· Team building and challenges. (similar to First LEGO League).
o Students work in pairs to improve cooperation.
· Experience the cutting edge of technology with the introduction of LEGO® MINDSTORMS EV3 Robotics.
· Students will be captivated as they incorporate the newest generation of motors, sensors and software by programming their commands directly into the intelligent brick.
· Students will work with MINDSTORMS® EV3® Education & computer.
When: Every Tuesday beginning 25 February (6 weeks)
Time: 1.5hrs 3.15pm-4.45pm
Where: School Computer Lab